Spelt Zucchini Bread with Nuts & Pineapple
(East Orange, NJ)
If you prep the night before you bake this fabulous bread, you will love it as much as I do. Here goes.
1 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil or
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine softened
1 Cup Shredded Unpeeled Green Zucchini
1 8oz. Can Crushed Pineapple in Unsweetened Juice
(Reserve 1 Tablespoon Liquid)
2 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
2 Cups Spelt Flour (White)
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Allspice
1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour or use pan liners for a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, Veg oil/butter/margarine and beat until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in zucchini, pineapple and eggs.
4. Add flour, baking soda and spices and mix well. Fold in nuts.
5. Spread evenly in pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
6. Cool ten minutes before removal from pan.
If you would like to glaze this bread, make sure the bread is completely cooled before you apply it or it will not have the texture of a nice pretty glaze.
1/2 C Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon reserved pineapple liquid
1 Teaspoon corn syrup
1/4 Teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, beat until smooth.
2. Spoon over cooled loaf. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator or have a slice with a cup of mint tea. Mmmm good. Enjoy.
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to My Spelt Grain Tips, Techniques, and Recipes.