Discovering and Cooking Whole Grains
From Around the World
We welcome you as a culinary tourist to move through this site exploring and
discovering recipes with whole grains from different cultures around the world.
Learn about the nutrition, taste, and how to cook traditional and exotic healthy food recipes for cooking
Quinoa, Amaranth, Millet, and more.
The health benefits of whole grains are well known but how to incorporate these healthy whole foods into our diet is not.
Most of us only know how to use Wheat,
Oat, or Brown Rice. This limits our options to
only a handful of healthy grain dishes we regularly eat. Increase your options by exploring
dishes based on other grains. This will not only help you get your FDA suggested 3-5 servings of whole grain a day, but it will also help
you reap the specific health benefits of the different types you eat (i.e. building muscle, lowering cholesterol, or increasing energy,
etc). To find out which one's satisfy your specific health needs visit our nutrition charts.
The Past is Our Future
This site is dedicated to reintroducing people to the whole grains their ancestors knew and loved.
The strength of ancient armies and peoples were often attributed to the variety of grain they ate. The gladiators of ancient Rome, infamous for their strength and ferocity, were known as Hordearii or "Eaters of Barley". They like the Greeks before them, attributed strength and athleticism to the
Barley they ate.
Egyptian wheat (believed to be Kamut) was cultivated on the flood plains of the Nile River. Its large,
protein-rich, wheat berries (grains) have been called Egypt's "Golden Power". This healthy food source was the key to the Egyptian army's
strength and ability to wage war. Being the bread-basket of the ancient world enabled Egypt to build the great pyramids and conquer and maintain
their vast empire.
Healthy Food Choices
The right healthy foods will not only rev-up your life but put the breaks on your death. Conditions such as cancer,
obesity, heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, diverticulitis, etc. are all attributed to a lack of
whole grains in our diets due to our preference for refined white flour products.
In fact, before 1890, when white flour was invented, these illnesses were relatively uncommon.
Increasing your intake of whole natural grains is one of the best ways to rapidly improve your health
without any major effort. It only requires resolve. A resolve to feed your body natural foods
so your body can better perform its natural functions.
And don't worry - we will show you how to make whole grain healthy food that isn't just great for your body but tastes great too!
- Whole Grain Recipes, Cooking with Whole Grains, Delicious Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- Discover delicious whole grain recipes like quinoa salad, chicken barley soup, a rich brown rice pudding,
and whole wheat bread recipe all while learning about cooking with whole grains.
- Whole Grain List, Brown Rice Calories, Fiber, Calories in Quinoa
- A comprehensive whole grain list along with side-by-side nutritional comparisons. From the calories in
quinoa and brown rice to which whole grain is highest in fiber. It's all here.
- Where to Buy Whole Grain, Quinoa, Wheat...
- Where to Buy Whole Grain? We've made it easy to find out where to buy Quinoa, Wheat, Millet and all the other whole grains discussed on our site...
- Heart Healthy Recipes, Free and Easy Heart Healthy Low Fat Diet Cooking Recipes
- Delicious whole grain heart healthy recipes from around the world.
Free and easy heart healthy soups, salads, ground beef recipes, and heart healthy desserts like oatmeal muffins and cookies.
- Whole Grain Bread Recipes, Easy Buckwheat, Spelt, Whole Wheat Bread Recipes...
- The BEST whole grain bread recipes. DELICIOUS and EASY Spelt, Buckwheat, and Quinoa breads, recipe
for moist whole wheat bread and Jewish, Swedish, and German Rye Bread Recipes.
- Best Homemade Chicken Soup Recipe with Noodles, Chicken Tortilla Soup...
- The best chicken soup recipe for a delicious homemade chicken noodle soup recipe with vegetables,
chicken tortilla, chicken and rice soup and many more recipes.
- Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe, Chewy Granola Bar Recipes, Low Fat Crunchy Granola
- Easy healthy homemade granola recipe, low fat chewy granola bar recipes, how to make crunchy granola, best chocolate granola recipe...
- Healthy Muffin Recipes, Blueberry, Bran, Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe...
- Easy healthy muffin recipes like blueberry, oat bran, and banana
chocolate chip muffins, and a gourmet recipe with pumpkin. Plus learn how to make muffins that are easy, healthy, and delicious!
- Easy Homemade Pancake Recipes for Blueberry, Pumpkin, Buttermilk Pancakes...
- Easy homemade pancake recipes for blueberry, pumpkin, buttermilk pancakes. Plus learn how to make healthy chocolate pancakes
from scratch with whole grains that are easy and delicious!
- Easy Pasta Recipes, How to Make Fresh Homemade Pasta Dough Recipe by Hand or Machine
- Discover easy pasta recipes for garlic shrimp scampi alfredo pasta, recipes for easy garlic chicken pasta,
how to make fresh homemade pasta dough recipes by hand or in a machine.
- The Amaranth Grain and Plant Plus Cooking Amaranth, Raw seeds, Flour Recipes
- Explore cooking with Amaranth grain and flour recipes for pancakes,
bread, cereal, and more. Plus inforamtion about the nutrition and health benefits of the Amaranth plant and leaves.
- Corn Recipes, Fresh Easy Sweet Corn Salad, Pudding, Best Corn Chowder Recipes
- Corn recipes for fresh black bean sweet cold corn salad, fritters, cakes and breads.
Recipes for kettle and carmel corn, muffins and more. Plus microwaving, freezing, and grilling corn on the cob.
- What is Quinoa Grain and Seeds, How To Cook Quinoa Recipes and Nutrition
- Quinoa grain, nutrition information for calories and protein, plus how to cook healthy Quinoa recipes for
salads, pastas, breads, tabouli, and more.
- Easy Millet Recipes, How to Prepare and Cook Millet Bread, Muffins, Pudding...
- Easy millet recipes like how to prepare and cook a gluten free millet and quinoa bread recipe,
vegetarian stuffed millet peppers, and more.
- Emmer Wheat, Farro
- Emmer Wheat or Farro - Learn all about this ancient seed right here...
- Health Benefits of Flaxseed and its Oil, Side Effects and Flaxseed Bread Recipes
- Everything about the health benefits of flaxseed and flaxseed oil from its high levels of omega 3 and
lignans to side effects information. Plus how to use flaxseed grinders for breads and muffins.
- About Kamut Wheat, Plus Bread and Pizza Recipe with Kamut Flour
- The answer to what is Kamut wheat, how to cook it, and recipes for Kamut bread, pizza, salad, and cereal.
- Benefits of Chia Seeds, How to Eat, Where Buy White Organic Chia Seeds and Oil
- About the health benefits of Chia Seeds for weight loss, lower cholesterol, and running endurance.
How to use and eat chia seeds and where to buy organic white chia seed and oil in bulk.
- Easy Whole Wheat Recipes for Bread, Pizza Dough, Pasta, Pancakes and More...
- Enjoy delicious whole wheat recipes for bread, pizza dough, fresh handmade pasta, and pancakes all while learning about
the nutritional value of wheat and how to cook wheat berries.
- Cooking Wild Rice Recipes for Stuffing, Salad, Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe...
- Wild rice recipes for our best chicken wild rice soup, gourmet stuffing, and salad. Plus
information about how to cook wild rice and its health benefits.
- Health Benefits of Oatmeal, Cooking Steel Cut Oats, Quaker Oats Recipes
- Learn about the health benefits of oatmeal and cooking steel cut oats, oat groats, and scottish oats
while enjoying delicious quaker oats recipes like apple crisp and our best oatmeal cookie recipe.
- Homemade Rye Bread Recipe, Dark, Jewish, Swedish, and German Rye Bread Recipes
- Homemade dark rye bread recipe, easy deli style Jewish bread with rye, rustic
German and sweet Swedish rye bread recipes. Enjoy them all while learning how to cook this whole grain food.
- Whole Spelt Grain, Spelt Flour Bread Recipes, Spelt Cookies and Chocolate Cake
- The answer to what is spelt grain along with nutrition and cooking information. Plus quick and
easy spelt flour bread recipes, peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, and moist chocolate spelt cake.
- Brown Rice Recipes from Puddings to Pilafs, How to Cook Brown Rice...
- Explore brown rice recipes like creamy puddings, delicious pilafs, and
spicy Mexican black beans and rice. Plus nutrition information on the health benefits and calories in brown rice.
- Buckwheat Recipes for Bread, Pancakes, Pasta, Buckwheat Porridge...
- Delicious buckwheat recipes for breads, cakes, and how to make fresh homemade buckwheat pasta
noodles. Plus information on this whole grain's nutrition and health benefits.
- Jobs Tears, Chinese Pearl Barley
- Job Tears or Chinese Pearl Barley - Learn everything about this exotic grain...
- Your Whole Grain Recipes
- This is the place where you can share your favorite whole grain recipes and ideas.